March 2021 COBAA Meeting Minutes

19 May 2021 no comments nvcobaa

COBAA Meeting Minutes
Thursday, March 11, 2021

Attendance: Spencer Lewis, Morgan Gottier, Michelle Sturge, Danielle Pawliw, Emily Sharick, Kelsea Duffrin, Bryce Warner, Cela Hyatt, Christopher Boline, Tom Saxton, Devin Sizemore, Richard Corn, Nikki Antone, Jared Desamero, Michael Frauenknecht, Taylor Russo


  1. Welcome
    • Acceptance of February Meeting Minutes
    o Motion by Richard
    o Second Spencer
  2. College of Business Report
    • Focus on recruitment/membership and explore the bigger picture of the mission of the board
    o Emily Sharick will be taking over Ashley’s role with COBAA interaction
    • 2nd round of Club Funding for 2020/2021 on March 24th. More info to come
    o Stallar is setting up another round of Club Funding
  3. UNR Alumni Association Report
    o International Women’s Entrepreneurship Symposium
     Great event, 45 speakers, 800 registrants
     As interactive event as it could be being virtual
    • Update on postponing of events.
    o Currently shutdown
    o Alumni Association is starting to plan in person events for the fall since in-person classes will be coming back to campus.
    • Silver & Blue Chapter Updates.
    o March 19th is the deadline
    o Emily will be sending out a reminder
    o Chapter Update
     New Golf Tournament Date
     New Board Members
  4. President Report
    • Scholarship Endowment signed – Will update 2021 to open to all majors
    • Polos/Name tags/Gift Ideas for Lifetime memberships
    • 2021 Spring graduation email – Create in March/April
    o What kind of timeline do we have for getting emails out to graduates
    o Alumni Association usually gets emails for grads 2-3 months after graduation
    • Chamber chapter renewal
    o Dues are due
     Do we want to renew?
    o Is there another value add besides a communication channel?
    o Can always re-join if things open up and save the renewal fee at this time
  5. President Elect Report
    • Golf updates
    • Updated date to Sept 24th
    o Deferrals, glove purchases, email blast
     Need to touch base with the glove company to keep them in the loop for any possible returns.
    • Online Portal for teams to sign up for the golf tournament
    o Who’s the contact?
    o Can we open this up without live events being allowed
     Portal can be opened at any time
     Richard to send Emily the info to open the portal
    o Richard to update the flyer so COBAA members can start to hit up teams
  6. Secretary Report/Treasurer Report
    • Budget and accounting update – Check for club funding dispersal.
  7. VP PR/Membership/Development Reports
    • Sub-committee Members and plans – Continuation of Discussion
    o Bryce to send out a committee meeting request today
    • Budget determination.
    • State 36 email sent to all members – Results
    o 2 purchases
    • Waldens discount for March – Discuss marketing opportunities
    o Email from COBAA was sent on Feb 16th
    • April Discount discussion
    o Buenos
    o Eclipse
    o Primm
    o Loco Ono
    • Link to update your email to receive the COBAA emails
  8. Board Member Updates
    • Each board member discusses ideas for memberships, fundraisers, events, material to post on website/social media – Round Robin format
  9. 12:30pm – 1pm
    • Devin Sizemore – Guest speaker
    o Business Development – Gratis
    o This portion of the meeting is being recorded
  10. Adjournment 12:58pm